pensieri del pazzesco
thesuicidalpanda.blogspot.com
Hello there, you've stumbled upon...nothing, you just stumbled...watch where you're clicking
Version 3.0
Word-vomiting since 2005
disclaimer
please read before proceeding
This site documents various circumstances that may be used as evidence in court, proving the author guilty of certain crimes beyond reasonable doubt…lest you, Reader, have no sense of sarcasm, irony, exaggeration, metaphor and any other figure of speech you learned from your English teacher.
Chos.
non-regret
January 14, 2010/ 10:10 PM
Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
Technically, it's not regret if you could have done nothing to make things any different right? Yet it's the same sinking feeling of regret that has currently put me in the pits.
Picture this: You've bought a Latte since the Mocha wasn't available.
You LOVE the Mocha while the Latte, to your discovery, tastes like crap. A few sips after, the mutant of a Barista comes over and says "Ay! Meron na pala!" with an irritating giggle. You would bitch the Barista, only this is a metaphor and the Barista references to fate/God/cosmos so you can't do anything about it. Bitch that.
Perhaps in the hopes of realizing my resolution to be more positive in the new year, I have put off writing about my current, um, predicament. Wishful thinking convinced me things would turn around, that it was too soon to tell. (Oh hell, might as well abuse the coffee metaphor, I'm in a bitter state anyway). "Maybe the Latte just needs a little sugar, once the cafe turns up with one." Repression made me turn to nostalgia almost involuntarily. I miss the creative/crazy blend of that Mocha: perfect combination of the chocolate and coffee made for the bittersweet experience. The Latte, surprisingly, seems sour to the taste...so far. I just hope with a little time, when the cream's settled perhaps, I get to enjoy this drink. Or that I end up with the right regret, for lack of a better term.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nostalgia: When you find the present tense and past perfect.
-The Lion, Frédérick Jézégou
0 bothered.