F.u. murphy
I CAN do it!
Project: Hingalo
Kind: Short film
Position: AD/PM
Location: Makati
Shoot started slow. Call time on UMak was 5PM; the director arrived an hour early to check on the set. There was no set. And actors were missing. I was stuck on traffic when I found out the director was crying in frustration. (FYI: She's far from a weakling, try escaping from the hospital, battle it out with a dropping platelet count, and shoot a short in one day.) I postponed calling her, just strengthened my resolve that this shoot shouldn't, couldn't f*uck up.
And that resolve was challenged through-out the day.
Our DP voiced it out around 4:30 AM: "Murphy's law noh?"
First there was the PD fiasco, then we found out the cam didn't come with a tripod. Gels were missing. Food was late. A talent crushed a mono-block chair into pieces. Cats opened garbage bag-full of semi-alcoholic drinks. Hospital apparatus were locked out from the building. Porta light died on us. Gaffer almost took home cam's battery...
...yet we heard a jovial "PACK-UP" at 5:05.
Hah. Take that Murphy! Big thanks to everyone who helped! Thanks to the director for the trust, and for not fainting on set. :) Will post details re when and where the short can be seen. Yeahboi.