Wow, after ten years I post again. I guess the blog bug just forgot to bite or schoolwork's accountable. 3rd year = 3 hours a subject. So far we've enjoyed Big Mac's, peeked at cadavers, battled an insufferable hegemon, united Pods, learned camera angles in scriptwriting, descubierto que significa los chicharrones en ingles, shot and spieled. Our production house, faitMaleaux, has been through two shows now: Fourma,
Dahil apat ay sapat kay JR ZARA and TouRhythm with VJ Geni. I'll be hosting the third; hope I'll do okay. What else...I directed the AA '07 awards night and blew it with...um..technical difficulties....AA's 1st major prod for this year entitled Agnoia is coming up on September. Agnoia--state of unwit.
***
Jona and I went to Chong's dad's wake last night. Our condolences to the family. it was so weird meeting again after such a long time...in a wake. It felt like a sequel to
four weddings and a funeral. I never got used to asking "okay ka lang?" in such events...it seems fabricated and oddly pre-packaged. Of course, they're not okay, I mean who would be? Silence seems more apt though it may be mistaken for apathy. One look can say everything and a paragraph may mean nothing, for me. The trip reminded me again how those inexplicable uncontrollable forces hover above us--the kid with an ant farm at work. The parody of death is said to remind us that we're finite but isn't it too much for a reminder? Or is this just another long-shot attempt to explain death enclosed in poetic stratas? Hmph. Chong said it happened so fast it was unbelievable at first. Hours before, I heard of another friend's mom that was hospitalized for a mild stroke. She was so lively and normal before this, then the doctor gave her 6 days. Tsk tsk tsk.
Death is such a cheat you have to live like you do.