Back from Puerto with an addition to my transformation..Besides the lion mane I'm now also burnt black. Puerto grilled me. It was so hot even the soles of my feet got burned, BUT it was so incredible. We now have a group called Puerto people and we're bound to come back to the haven every year. Hmm...must dominate that island soon...
DAY 1
*Will meet at 6 with Rai. Had to wake up at 4AM. finished packing at 2:30. Didn't get a wink.*
5:00 Arrival at Shorte's house for Bal's pickup
5:40 Wala pa rin si Bal, malayo ang kanyang tirahan
5:45
| Mingu : | Bading, asan ka na? |
| Bal : | Malapit na, nasa daan na. |
| Mingu : | Bilisan mo, lapit na 6. |
| Bal : | Kaya yan, wala traffic |
| (DOG BARKS AT BACKGROUND) |
| Mingu : | Nasa daan ka na? Bakit tumatahol aso niyo? |
| (CLICK. DIAL TONE.) |
| |
| |
Eventually, we did arrive. As always when I lack sleep, I was zany and way more hyperactive than an energizer bunnny. This lasted the whole trip, figure how my friends were doing given the fact that their my "patrons". To make it easier, let me just list down expenditures..
| Boat ride to Puerto | 170 |
| Banana Boat | 200 |
| Board shorts | 20 |
| Mindoro Spring (the best!) | 30 |
| Mindoro Sling cocktail | 140 |
| Buried alive in sand | Free |
| Full-body massage | 200 |
Being offered free drinks by an old American pedophile | Priceless |
DAY 2Breakfast at Agbing's (yakisoba, Mindoro Spring, C2) | 25 |
| Beachhopping w/Snorkeling | 200 |
| Guide fee to have abetter view of little fishies | 50 |
>This is the climax of the trip. I felt so at home under water, above corals swimming with fishies (Everytime I see a school of fish swim by, a magical sound effect that goes like 'Thinee-nee-nee-nee' plays back in my head.) I'm now convinced that I'm either A. a goddess of the Sea, B. we Martians lived underwater, C. my reign as the last lady of the Nguyen dynasty extends in the Mindoro waters.
| Inihaw na Liempo Meal | 85 |
| Shopping | 690 |
| Henna Tatoo | 100 |
| Chowking's Halo-halo | 55 |
| Shakey's Pizza & Nestea Ice | 100 |
Eating with your friends under the moonlit shore | Priceless |
DAY 3> BEWARE: Never take the back seat when riding the Fly fish, mutilation will positively occur. This was fun ( no joke), I experienced standing vertically over water and get whipped around. I'm the only one who fell as I was the only one seating at the back. I suffered a head injury for bumping my skull to Mian's steel-hard pelvis, or to her account, her butt. After falling off, I couldn't wait to get back on, so to my excitement, I slipped and fell on mynose. It ended so fast; the fly fish flew swiftly. So did our money...but I will pay another 300 for it. Woohoo!!!
> We just hopped on to one as it was parked(?) floating near the shore. We didn't actually move, hwehehe. It costs 3k for a mere 15 minutes for cryin' out loud!
| Boat ride to Batangas | 170 |
Getting soaked while IN the boat and be laughed at by strangers | Priceless |
That's it for Puerto. We had lunch at Chowking's Lipa, Rai's Dad treated us. SOBRANG BAIT!Then we were all dropped off in Katipunan. We found a buzzed Sehleng nearby and had a chat before taking a cab home with Shorte and Mian. We left early, they were tired...I was as high as ever.